About UsUNITED THROUGH JESUS CHRIST
As a church we want to help as many people as possible, in our surrounding communities as well as all over the country.
We have instated and are funding several projects outside of the church itself, aiming to help restore, care for and educate those in want and need.
Here are some of our current projects below:
The charity and non-profit organisation “Alfa” was founded in November 2008, in 2009 the men’s rehabilitation centre was opened and set up in Colchester more permanently in 2011.
The Centre’s program is focused on the following areas:
- Spiritual growth: through studying the Bible, attending different courses and seminars, private counselling sessions, and weekly attendance of church.
- Accepting and understanding an individual’s addiction and finding ways to overcome it. During individual and communal activities, meetings, seminars and consultations, members learn to recognise the symptoms of addiction and relapsing and how to solve these issues.
- Improvements to health and wellbeing: seeking to help treat any health problems associated with previous addictions, to encourage a healthier lifestyle and promote self-care and cleanliness.
- Behavioural change: improving their communication and relationship skills.
- Lifestyle change: by taking part in both individual and group activities, playing different sports, and taking trips outside of the centre during their designated free time,- members are taught to live their lives differently and yet be aware of the norms of everyday life.
- Relationships with family members: relationships with those closest to them are rekindled, helping restore what was lost, and helping resolve issues within marriage.
- Integrating back into society: planning their future, career, helping to find work, and a place to live.
- The rehabilitation centre’s help begins with an initial meeting and consultation, and stretches to the treatment of a member’s physical and medical needs, providing psychological help, as well as full integration back into life in Lithuania or the UK.
We believe that children are our future, and in order to see them grow into the virtuous and intelligent people that we so desire, we must invest in them wisely.
Moksliukas’s goal is to develop each child’s spiritual and individual gifts and talents. We accept, value and respect each child and their needs and personalities, and hope that they all grow up to become honest and moral people, surrounded by the love of those around them, and the faithful love of God.
The choir actively takes part in many events hosted by the Lithuanian Community worldwide: at the Lithuanian Embassy in London, at English and Lithuanian speaking churches across the country.
Over 10 years, the Choir has gained many different achievements.
The choir has taken part in three Lithuanian Song Festivals in Vilnius, Lithuania:
- Lithuania’s 1000th birthday celebration Song Festival, “The Harmony of Ages”, in 2009.
- Lithuania’s Song Festival “This is our Home”, in 2014.
- Lithuania’s Song Festival marking 100 years of independence, “For Lithuania”, in 2018.
Choir Gausa also took part in the 9th Lithuanian Song Festival of North America “Alive through song”, in Toronto Canada in 2010. As well as the 10th Lithuanian Song Festival of North America, “Lets sing together”, in Chicago, in 2015.
From 2013, the choir has taken part in a June the 14th Day of Remembrance event, for 5 years in a row. (Also known as the Day of Mourning and Commemoration, a time when Lithuanian, Latvian and Estonian people were taken to Siberia- for victims of the Soviet Terror). It was here that the friendship between the three Baltic States was formed, and where they would all sing one of their country’s songs in remembrance.
From the 10th-15th November 2017, Choir Gausa took part in the 10th International Folklore Festival “Inter Folk” in Russia. Here, the choir gained the following achievements:
- A diploma for participating in the Festival.
- The 10th International Folklore Comnpetition “Grand-Prix Interfolk” Gold award and first prize, as well as a nomination for the overall top prize to be won.
- The choir was awarded a special prize and diploma from the Judges of the Festival, for their loyalties to Lithuania and maintenance of the Lithuanian heritage and traditions outside of Lithuania.
- The European Folklore Association’s President Kaloyan Nikolov, also awarded the choir with a special invitation to represent Lithuania in the World Folklore Championships, “World Folk".
From 23rd – 28th August 2018, the choir participated in the 8th World Folk Championship 2018, in Nessebar, Bulgaria. They were awarded the following:
- A diploma for outstanding creative achievement.
- The “Discovery” award- Choir Gausa was the Championship's greatest discovery.
- First place award (Gold medal award) in the Vocal Ensemble Groups category, for a modernised arrangement and performance.
- The Choir’s greatest award in this Championship, was the Grand Prix nomination and a Golden trophy- Orpheus.
- During the closing ceremony of the “World Folk 2018” Championship, Choir Gausa was awarded the Burgas city council’s Mayor’s Award for maintaining and safeguarding Lithuanian traditions, as well as a copy of the golden coin of Emperor Constantine the 4th.
- It was also during this closing ceremony that Choir Gausa’s Conductor Rita Guzauskiene, was awarded the honorary "Maestro" title.
And the last, but most important achievement of the Choir, is their participation in the London Brandenburg Festival of Choir Music, on September 22nd 2018. Here they sang together with choirs from Latvia and Estonia, celebrating Baltic Unity.
Follow "Gausa" on their Facebook page for updates and more information.
Kolektyvui vadovauja choreografė Terese Burdyn.
Žymiausi „Versmės“ pasirodymai:
2012 m. – XIV Lietuvių tautinių šokių šventė, Bostonas, JAV.
2014 m. – Lietuvos dainų ir šokių šventė, Vilnius, Lietuva.
2015 m. – Tarptautinis tautinio šokio festivalis, Halkidiki, Graikija.
2015 m. – „Dance Around The World“, tarptautinis šokio festivalis, Londonas, JK.
2016 m. – XV Lietuvių tautinių šokių šventė, Baltimore, JAV.
2017 m. – Tarptautinis tautinio šokio festivalis, Lido de Jesolo, Italija.
2018 m. – Šimtmečio jubiliejinė Lietuvos dainų ir šokių šventė, Vilnius, Lietuva.
Kolektyvas „Versmė“ visuomet dalyvauja tradiciniuose lietuviškuose renginiuose kaip Vasario 16-osios minėjimai, Sekmines, Jonines ir kt. Būti lietuviško kultūrinio gyvenimo Londone dalimi mūsų kolektyvui yra didžiulis įvertinimas. Mums kaip išeivijos lietuviams be galo malonu, kad galime dalyvauti ir vietines Londono savivaldybės rengiamuose pasirodymuose ir supažindinti kitataučius su lietuvišku šokiu ir kultūra. Didžiausi prisiminimai lieka iš didelių tarptautinių renginių, tokių kaip šokių šventės ar tautinio šokio festivaliai. Šie renginiai ne tik augina mūsų kolektyvo tautinę savimonę, bet ir kiekvieną praturtina asmeniškai.
Jei vertinate lietuvišką šokį bei norite prisijungti prie „Versmės“ kolektyvo, susisiekite su mumis: